UnderCover is thrilled to present a tribute to Bob Marley’s “Exodus.” 1 band per song, 10 bands, all curated by Guest Music Director Rupa Marya. Special thanks to KALW 91.7 FM Radio for co-announcing!
Also, many thanks to Fantasy Recording Studios for bringing our artists in to record this February.
The 1977 album is a timeless one with themes that are very relevant today. The night was curated with themes of diversity and community in mind.
Bob Marley’s “Exodus”
A Tribute involving 10 bands, over 75 Artists
Friday through Sunday, April 3-5, 2015
8:30pm Doors, 9pm Show
The Independent, San Francisco
21 years and up, ADA Accessible
Tickets are $25 in advance and $35 at the door.
* As always, UnderCover strives to never turn anyone away for lack of funds by offering dozens of volunteer opportunities for each nigh as well as leading up to the show. For more information, email Lyz at UnderCoverPresents dot com.
1. “Natural Mystic” : Broun Fellinis
2. “So Much Things to Say” : SHAKE YOUR PEACE!
3. “Guiltiness” : FogDub
4. “The Heathen” : Almas Fronterizas
5. “Exodus” : Rupa & the April Fishes
6. “Jamming” : Black Nature of the Sierra Leone’s Refugee Allstars
7. “Waiting in Vain” : Sean Hayes
8. “Turn Your Lights Down Low” : Quartet San Francisco feat. Boots Riley
9. “Three Little Birds” : T Sisters
10. “One Love” : Brass Band Mission
Set Design By Rachel Znerold
Hosted by Lyz Luke
Artwork by Jillie Spillie
UnderCover Mission Statement:
UnderCover Presents is a small grassroots collective that gathers musicians from every corner of the San Francisco Bay Area’s music community to celebrate the broad influence of classic albums. The concept is simple: bands are invited based on their enthusiasm for the album from a range of musical genres that reflect the diverse styles and cultures that make Bay Area music unique. Each band picks a different song from the album and infuses it with their distinctive sound and personality.
We are a Member of the Intersection Incubator, a program of Intersection for the Arts providing fiscal sponsorship, incubation and consulting services to artists. Intersection is San Francisco’s oldest alternative arts space, presenting groundbreaking works in the literary, performing, visual and interdisciplinary arts. Visit www.theintersection.org
Special thanks to our supporters:
Fantasy Recording Studios
J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines
KALW 91.7 FM
Lagunitas Brewing Co